During week 1 of the Information Technoloy course, we discussed programming languages. There are many different languages that are use to make programs. We focused on Scratch which is a user friendly program which makes programming fun for kids or adults. In an interactive activity in our textbook I was able to use Python in which I thought was for advanced progammers.
Python was a little more difficult to use than Scracth. With Python you have to know how to make your own algorithms to make some programs work. And I believe that's what made it harder beacuse you have to know what code to use. On the other hand, Scratch was a very good program to use for novice users because most of the code is precoded. There are code blocks that you can use to make simple programs. I believe it is a good way to give someone an understanding of what can be done with programming. I had the pleasure of using Scratch and making a program. If you would like to check it out the link is below.
In my experience, the most difficult problem with Scratch was repeating steps for the dancers and some movement for the balloons. Figuring out how to get the dancers to dance using different costumes was challenging. There was a dropdown that could be used to change the dancers’ costume, which gave the movement effect of a dance. The costume change was slow, and it did not have the needed effect. It was difficult trying to figure out a way to make it faster. There was a block called “wait” where you could input a number in seconds to change the timing. When the wait block was found, the flow of the project was easy. The other difficulty was trying to find a way to make the project loop. There was a block called “forever” that was used for looping the project. Overall I had a great experience with Scratch and Python.
Comments
Post a Comment