In Week 2 of my Information Technology course, I created a journal where I created an entry on how Microsoft Word is used daily.Most of my encounters with Microsoft Word are at work and at home doing my school work.Most of Microsoft Windows’s software that is used for writing and presentation have some of the same functionality. The ribbon bar on the top of each program is identical on each application. Microsoft word, Excel and Power Point all have a home, insert, design, and draw selections and they all include word formatting option. It may have been done purposely because it makes it easier for the user when switching between each software program.
School Assignments
Writing
Most of my school assignments are written in word processor in an essay form. I’ am given a directive from our instructor about how the essay needs to be formatted. Most academic papers for writing assignments are done in APA format. There must be a title and reference page. Font and size must be done according to APA format. This is all done in the form of an essay.
APA Formatting
Title Page – The title page must include your name, date of assignment, instructor name, and course number. The title page must be the first page and all fonts must be centered on the page. • Change Font size = 12 • Change Font = Times Roman or Courier New • Change Alignment = Left • Change line spacing option to doubled space = 2.0 • Indent at start of new paragraph • Alignment = Left • Reference Page = Centered • Insert Pictures
Workday
In my workday Word Processor is used daily for taking notes. I do not use a specific format therefore whatever format and font size loads in I do not change it. I usually make the title in bold so that I can find what I’m looking for easily. I normally use one page for most of all my notes and once I fill the page of notes, I save it. Most of my word processor pages include a picture of work-related material. I have multiple pages saved on my work laptop with different subjects for my workday.
Comments
Post a Comment